Ecopulse, Inc., is Nino R> Pereira's Small Business. Located in
Springfield, Virginia, it was the contract vehicle for his research
with the US Government under various types of contracts, many in cooperation
with major US Defense laboratories in the Washington DC area. Papers
resulting from this work can be downloaded below (in 'papers'). Despite his
gradual retirement in 2020 or so, he has continued to deal with
curved crystals: see below.
Particular topics include:
- Spherically curved crystals are widely used for imaging
with monochromatic x-rays, and for x-ray spectroscopy.
Some examples are here.
- Papers in the archival literature written by or with
Nino. R. Pereira can be downloaded here.
- Studies of nuclear isomers.
In the early 2000's some people thought that the energy stored in
nuclear isomers could have military applications. This is not so,
I believe. Some of our work on the topic, including one (of many)
reason for my negative opinion about its practicality, can be found
- Hard x-ray spectroscopy is one of the many diagnostic
techniques that have been developed on the Naval Research Laboratory's
venerable Gamble II generator.
Some recent results are here.
- X-ray transparent lithium and some of its alloys make good x-ray windows.
How to make lithium and its alloys easier to handle and stronger is documented
- Refractive x-ray lenses from lithium metal are maximally transparent.
Some results are here.
- Personal data